#muzmatchsuccess: Ayah and Rasheed

Thank you to Ayah and Rasheed for sending in their story.

The muzmatch team are extremely pleased, and we wish Ayah and Rasheed all the best in their journey together as husband and wife, insha’Allah. We pray Allah makes it a union filled with love and tranquility, ameen.

THIS IS THEIR STORY:

“He’s a highway crew chief for the city, and I’m the assistant director of a childcare centre. We both have children and grew up in the same neighbourhood just blocks from one another, but we’d never seen each other before I found him on muzmatch! I loved what he had written and the photos on his profile. After exchanging a few messages we learned that we shared the same values, priorities, and interests.

We talked on the phone daily for the next 4 months. We spoke very candidly and got to know one another thoroughly. I was amazed how we could talk for hours upon hours. Sometimes it seemed like we’d be talking all day. I inquired about Rasheed and everyone I talked to spoke very highly of him and confirmed what I could already see — that he was a great father, hard-working, and someone who placed the utmost importance on the deen and his relationship with Allah subhaan’ahu wa ta’ala. After talking for 4 months, we decided to meet. We met for lunch with his best friend and his sister, and once I met him in person I was sure I wanted to marry him. We continued meeting up every weekend while planning our nikaah, walimah, and future.

We would go to the masjid, breakfast, lunch, a Sixers game. We’d take the kids to the playground and for pizza. I loved spending time with him and couldn’t wait to become his wife! We got married this past Ramadan and it was wonderful. He has a huge family and I have a small one so most of the people there were from his side but they embraced me and my children immediately and made us feel welcome. We had an amazing first Ramadan and Eid together. We’re going to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for our “honeymoon” in August in shaa Allah. I love our big blended family and I’m so happy I found him on muzmatch! Jazakum’Allahu khayr!”

The muzmatch app is where Single Muslims meet. Halal, free and fun, thousands of members find their partner on muzmatch. Alhamdullilah over 10,000 people have found their partner on muzmatch around the world! Quality profiles, advanced filters, photo privacy, and cutting edge security make it easy to help you find the ONE.

Click on the image below to download now for iPhone or Android!

1. Ree says:

Are these stories even true? Because I have been on this app over 2 years now, and I can’t find anyone decent enough to just chat, let alone marry…

• Team muzmatch says:

They are indeed, alhamdulilah. We have had over 15,000 successes 🙂

All is written by Allah swt! May He grant you strength in your search, and grant you a beautiful spouse when it is best for you, ameen.

• OG says:

I agree with you, been on the app for years, never matched. So I just started liking ppl back who liked my profile thinking I could chat. First of all I am lucky to even get a like, over the past 4 years I’ve only gotten 5, and second they never responded back to a Salaams. I am pretty sure the app is mostly B.S at this point. Stopped wasting time on it.

2. Abdulbasit says:

This app is probably a kinda waste of time, been swiping to every perfect account I think, but it’s just so frustrating that I haven’t even found a match..
    I know it’s an Islamic app, but I’ll advice the developer to make it more like Tinder, it’ll be easier that way.
    I’m always hoping to get notifications on some matched person, but nahhhh no match since I joined… Pls you should work on inactive users, most accounts are not active, users dumped them a long time ago, try giving login warning, like if not active for some particular days account will be suspended …..
    That’ll be better
    Please work in it… Thank you, Masha Allah.

3. Aisha says:

I believe the stories are true,met an amazing someone on the app. Inshaa Allah we hope to tell our story too some day if Allah wills. Please pray for things to go well between us if it is the will of Allah.

4. Nunya says:

This app is a joke. None of the guys are remotely serious and are extremely picky.

5. Hauwa says:

I joined this app feeling very positive about it but all i get is men who ask for sexual favors, ask for nudes, men who dont know what they want and others who want the perfect woman forgetting the fact that we are in duniya. Anyway, may Allah grant us the desires of our hearts! Ya rab ya rab

6. Sim says:

I’ve made some matches early on for first 3 weeks then for last 2 weeks…no matches. I thought that there’s a bug in the app but no…it’s probably inactive or uninterested users.
    The matches who do respond hv a certain pattern.
    A desi girl chats for 2 days…6 hours each day. On the second day, she dumps me for minor reasons. Happened with 5+ girls.
    Americans chat for 3+ weeks…5 minutes each day with regular breaks of a day here n there. They also start asking for money and on refusal dumps by 3rd week.
    In my 6 weeks using Muzmatch, I’ve had 4th girl asking for money…starting small from $100 then up to $1000. Some need to pay rent, some need help with their or their family member’s medical bills etc.. TBH, I’m finding it hard NOT to support damsels in distress. However, I’ve been told that there are organised gangs of negros, latinos, philipinos etc. operating in the guise of a new revert Muslimah, who’s been rejected by her family, society, employer n similar stories. They sometimes hire good looking actresses to wear hijab, pose for pictures etc.
    British girls are total nuts…like bat sh*t crazy…they almost start abusing in the very first phone conversation even if you’re just asking them about their hobbies.
    Didn’t get much chance to connect with an Arab girl. Considering more than half of them wear skirts higher than their knees, I’ve slim chances of going along with them.
    A lot of North African girls connected but their English language is horrible. They take offence at mere mention of “What’s happening?”
    Far East Asian girls want to talk about business opportunities in Europe. They have such an independent mindset that family is a far off priority.
    Long story short, its an internet world. Matches are ephemeral. They break in an instant if the girl gets offended even after she’s been talking for months. So are the mind set of boys n girls seeking matches online. They want to have quick fun without the baggage of responsibility.
    I’m thinking of marrying a war widow or a refugee girl….daddy’s girls in comfy West aren’t my type.

7. Mohamed says:

I’m a guy (Muslim, obviously, Alhamdullilah). I’ve had the app since April, so a little less than 4 months. I’ve gotten 9 matches during that time, so I’m not understanding how other guys have gotten 0 in four years. I’m not even that good looking, but I feel like/act like I am (confidence). That’s not to say that I’m in a good position. All 9 matches have been wasted either because they didn’t respond back or I didn’t push them enough to respond back. My philosophy is I’m not going to help maintain a conversation if you’re not helping to continue it. Though, for months now, I haven’t received any matches. I think the sisters are startled by my high standards (that they themselves, ironically, are looking for in their mates).

8. Rafia says:

I wouldn’t probably blame the app but I blame the people, a friend of mine suggested me this app and I joined, matched with a guy and started going out.. he appeared very very nice so I thought I’ve found my perfect match, for one month we kept seeing each other, non stop text messages and phone calls and then unfortunately turns out that all he wants is sexual favours even though he would talk about praying and going to Mosque all the time. I refused that nothing sexual can happen before marriage and he stopped talking to me. From 24/7 messages to no messages at all.. I’m upset at his attitude and really upset on myself that I trusted someone so quickly again just because he appeared very nice. I can’t believe people can be so pathetic and hide so well under the veil of culture and religion. I just wish they don’t abuse these platforms and don’t waste others time.

9. Sayeed-Ul-Mursalin says:

Came across MUZMATCH whilst commuting in Singapore as it was being advertised on the MRT (underground train). Thought of giving it a go! Been on the app for less than a year and got to match with 15 women or more. Didn’t get along with most of them apart from one who share similar values, thoughts, passions and what not. Look forward to tying the knot within a month or so. Massive thanks to MUZMATCH. 🙂

P.S. Perhaps we’d point our fingers to ourselves, or the person if things don’t work out. It’s got nothing to do with the app. We’ve got to respect the honest intention of the app developer! Incredible effort being put by them.

10. Ar says:

I’ve been in here for couple of months. Just matched with one person and i haven’t reply the messsage too. Actually i want to try but suddenly my mom told me that she don’t want me to go abroad. So i dunno what to do because the truth is in this app i can find some person like what i’m looking for but they’re not from my country. For now i’ll just trying to focus on my study.